RE: [FH] Punky's update

  • Judi Levens
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011
      Hi Ana; I wanted to first thank you for all the support you offered me when Max was failing...it meant a lot to have you and the others with me as I went through the most painful of times. I also wanted to let you know that after all the fear and waiting, while I am missing Max terribly, there is definitely some relief and freedom also. And when our kitties are sick so long, we know the time will come and are anticipating it...when it does come, it is not so much of a surprise, but still very painful. I think you are doing the very best for Punky and that is all you can do...just give him love and support. I found that close to the end, I believe Max and I were in perfect sync...I know he felt all I was feeling and he knew that I was feeling his love...that came from all the quality time we had together while he was sick, and I think that will happen for you too. I knew that he didn't want to leave me any more than I wanted him to go, and yet he had to...and I couldn't resent that of course. So, I am just trying to say, try not to fear it so much...the end is inevitable for all of us, and knowing it may be sooner rather than later makes us more appreciative of the time we have together. Again...thank you so much...hugs to you and Punky...Judi and Angel Max

      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: anagtz@...
      Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:20:55 -0600
      Subject: [FH] Punky's update

      Hi all,

      Punky had his second appointment at the cardiologist yesterday. We traveled
      to M�xico City to see her, and to make echos, and electros. The
      interpretation of these are not ready and will be sent to me soon (I hope).
      The cardiologist told me that Punky's cardiomyopathy isn't clear yet, I
      mean... He has a combination of "normal" cardiopathies, but the combination
      is unique. He has his septum valve, his defective pulmonary valve, and HCM.
      She told me that its almost like a Tetralogy of Fallot but not exactly. The
      bad news is that his HCM has expanded to the right side of his heart and for
      this reason she changed the Atenolol dose from 10 mg a day to 12.5 mg a day.
      Despite this, he is a very happy cat, and she told me that this could be a
      great moment to neuter him, and so we did. I hope this will stop him for
      marking all my house. The vet removed both testicles (the descended one and
      the undescended one). He is now sleeping by my side, happy and calmed as
      always. I am treasuring this moment :)
      The cardiologist congratulated me for the quality of life Punky is receiving
      and told me that his illness is progressing slowly, which is good.... She
      must have seen the look of my face, because she quickly added: "if he wasn't
      with you, he wouldn't be alive by now. His condition is severe" :(

      I just needed to tell you these, guys.... Although he is having the best
      life he can (a cat's life), I am not happy because I fear the moment of
      loosing him.

      Best,
      Ana

    • Ana Gutierrez
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2011
        Hi all,

        Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we are all or have been all through the
        same situation, which is hard, but our kitties are lucky ones.
        Thank you so much for your words, they made me feel better.

        Punky has had a lot of issues besides the heart one, he is a ver weak kitty.
        Today the vet discovered that a small bump he has in his cheek has been
        growing and might be a tumor :( Punky will be visiting the vet weekly to
        monitor this and start som analysis .

        Thanks a lot,
        Ana