[FH] Re: Has anyone used Tranfer Factor for their cat with good results?

  • toomany_kittys
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 20, 2011
      Hi Amy,
      I put all pills in capsules (#2 or #3) size. You can buy bags of up to 1000 empty gel caps at drug stores or health food stores. If you dip the capsule in a bit of butter or even wet food it'll slide right down a cat's throat. Follow with a syringe full of water or other liquid. Always give something yummy afterward so they associate them together.
      Every cat here is easily pilled except the ferals, and luckily they don't need anything.
      Kenington is on Tapazole, Lasix, Spironolactone, Benazapril, Rutin, calcitriol, DMG, Nattokinase, Taurine, injectable Vit B complex, Salmon oil, and a tiny amount of super Alpha-Lipoic acid. He was on Phenobarbitol but I took him off. He has a low seizure threshold and when he was on L-Carnitine the seizures increased to at least once or twice per day. I weaned him off the L-Carnitine and then the Phenobarb and started him on DMG. He's only had one seizure since then and it was small. I'm probably forgetting something, but these are his daily meds and supplements. He also gets NuCat vitamins and only eats canned and raw food.
      It sounds like a lot, but some are given together and others separately at different times of the day.
      El