Re: HOW to know if http://www.medstoreinternational.com is trustable

  • JudithG
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19 11:16 AM
      Being in Israel myself, am a bit surprised that someone else here would be interested in using an online pharmacy. Compared to the US, our meds are dirt cheap even if you pay full price and sometimes you can convince your family physician to write you a prescription and you get the med at the health fund price (give away).

      To get a med from abroad, you have to get Ministry of Health approval, which is based on the need for a med that is not available in Israel, is approved in a country the meets their approval criteria, meets their approval that there is a good reason that you need this one and not one that is available in Israel, and it is not a generic.

      For veterinary meds, you probably have to go through the veterinary school at Bet Dagan. And by the way, their pharmacy discounts.

      Then you have to find some pharmacy that will actually send to Israel, fax them the prescription, pay for the med and the shipping fee which means you have to have a credit card they will accept, and then go through all the customs stuff when it arrives. The shipment will be stopped at customs which means a trip to the airport office and a release fee.

      I have a pharmacy import a medication for me that is not available in Israel and I pay more than double the US price for it.

      Translation: get it sent to a friend abroad and have them send it marked "present, value under $10." Remember that the $10 includes the shipping cost so go for regular mail.

      Judith