Re: [FH] Re: dosage question

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 10, 2011
      The dose we gave Snowball was .35cc...that's about 1/3 of 1cc.

      Carol

      Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*
      and the gang

      does anyone know what the actual dosage is for ondansetron?

    • carolroars
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 10, 2011
        For everyone,

        I wanted to give you the dosage information based on the vial/ampule size. Ondansetron/Zofran comes in a 4mg/2ml vials and a larger ampule that is 8mg/4ml. The dose is the same whether you have the small vial of 2ml or the larger ampule of 4ml. The ampule just has more volume in it, so where the 2ml vials have 4mg of ondansetron/zofran in them, the 4ml ampules do have 8mg of drug in them, because they're double the size not double the strength. So the dose of .35 that our internist had us give Snowball would be the same whether we had a 2ml or 4ml vial/ampule, because the strength of the drug inside is the same.

        Carol