Re: Is there a link between the heart problem and sneezing ?

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
      HI

      Lysine is an amino acid used to control feline herpes. It stops the virus
      from replicating by preventing it making its virus coating. It's very
      successful but is a long term treatment. Herpes usually is obvious with
      conjunctivitis, sneezing and sore eyes. It can be tested for with a swab.

      :) Lyn

    • LorieAHuston@cs.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
        Adriann said it very well. I can't improve on what she said except to say that I agree with her:

        Hi Faye

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "none271" <elegantzebra@...> wrote:
        > My question is the subject line: Is there a link between the heart problem and sneezing in cats?

        Nope.

        > Does this indicate a progression of heart disease?

        Nope.

        The heart condition may be worsening, but that would be unrelated to the sneezing. If you haven't had your cat echo'd in the past two years, I'd do so anyway. Also, as your kitty with heart disease gets older, make sure you monitor for hyperthyroidism and for hypertension once yearly or more often if you have any concerns -- both of these conditions can put additional strain on the heart.

        Hope this helps.

        Adriann

        Lorie Huston, DVM
        www.pet-health-care-gazette.com