Hello From a New Veterinary Member

  • Lorie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hello everyone.

      I'm Lorie Huston. Michelle has invited me to join your group and offer what advice I am able from a veterinary perspective.

      I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all of you. I am a practicing veterinarian, working with both dogs and cats. I've been actively working as a veterinarian for well over 20 years now. I do not specialize in any one field of veterinary medicine but am instead a general practitioner, treating a variety of different canine and feline health problems, including feline heart disease.

      I am also a free-lance writer. You can find my work at my blog, the Pet Health Care Gazette (http://www.pet-health-care-gazette.com). I am also the featured writer in pet care at Suite101.com, the National Pet Health Examiner at Examiner.com, a contributing writer in veterinary medicine at About.com and the pet care columnist at UntrainedHousewife.com. If you would like to connect with me outside of this group, you can also find me on Twitter (@lorieahuston) and on Facebook (at the Voice of Pet Care fan page).

      Thank you very much for allowing me to contribute to your group. I know that being owned by a cat with heart disease can be a frightening and stressful situation. I hope I am able to answer some of your questions and make the experience a bit less confusing for all of you.

      Lorie Huston, DVM
      www.pet-health-care-gazette.com
      lorieahuston@...
      loriehuston@...
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
        Welcome Dr. Huston!

        We're very happy to have you as part of our little family here. We look forward to the benefit of your knowledge and experience.

        I want to remind members that even though Dr. Huston is a veterinarian, please be respectful of her profession and not ask for free medical advice. I know it's tempting to have a vet on a group, to kind of have that person be the "go to" person. Dr. Huston is here to offer insight and share experience, so let's try not to put her in a position of giving "consults" for our kitties.

        Thanks,

        Carol, Moderator feline-heart

        and Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*
        and the gang

      • Judi Levens
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
          Welcome Lorie...and thanks to you for joining and Michelle for inviting you. There are some very committed pet owners in this group, and everyone has or had a kitty with heart disease. Your expertise will be very welcome! Judi and Max

          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
            Welcome to the list and thank you for joining!

            Charlotte