Re: [FH] Please help me... in a panic

  • Mmayer11
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 3, 2011
      Please everyone let's take Sue's words as the end of this subject. We are back going in circles. Let's try starting the New Year giving this topic a rest. Ir's unhelpful to drag this on.

      Sue wrote:for all of us the loss of our cat is the loss of a beloved child. I
      also assume everyone is trying to do the best she or he can for their cat.
      That goes for those I agree and disagree with.

      Marianna

    • Patti Thomas
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 3, 2011
        From Washington State University regarding HCM research in Sphynx.

        The following is from Dr.Kate Meurs:

        We have had a fabulous response to our request for samples and they have really
        been coming in! The company that makes the feline array is running behind
        schedule so we still have time to collect both affected and unaffected samples
        and would still really like them! We will start looking at some new genes next
        week so we can keep progressing while we wait for the array.

        Also , we really need some heart tissue samples (just a few) from affected and
        unaffected cats. If someone is unfortunate enough to be putting their HCM
        affected cat or older (at least 8 years of age) to sleep it would be extremely
        helpful if we could ask the veterinarian to save a small section of the heart
        for us? It does have to be specially preserved in a solution from us, but we
        could fedex the solution for next day arrival to your veterinarian. At this
        point we have ruled out many genes but have not found anything and being able to
        exam the tissue may be very helpful. We don't need very many so if even 3-4
        people can help us it may be enough!

        Thank you!
        Kate