Re: [FH] normal dose of enalapril

  • Ana Gutierrez
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
      Punky is having 2.5 mg a day
      I buy the 10 mg pills and split them in four.
      Punky is ~5 mo. and weights 2 kilos

      Hope that helps ,
      Ana

      On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Judi Levens <casaobelisco@...>wrote:

      > Can anyone help me out by telling me what your normal dosage of enalapril
      > is? Max has been having his compounded, but we are going to run out and I
      > need to go and buy some pills (over the counter in Mexico)...I just don't
      > know what to get. He takes 1.7mg/ml right now...any help is appreciated.
      > Thank you.
      > Judi and Max

    • Kristen G
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
        My Duffer is on the same dose, 2.5mg once a day.  I get the 2.5mg pills.  Didn't
        think about getting bigger ones and splitting.  That would probably save some
        $$$.  Thanks, Ana!

        Kristen

        ________________________________

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2011
          Hi Lora

          I am so sorry to hear Mars is struggling with so many problems. It must be
          hard juggling them all. Steroids are unfortunately bad for cats with HCM
          and is it possible he gets a non steroidal anti-inflammatory for his IBD. The
          cardiologist will be able to tell you more when they do the ultrasound and
          perhaps suggest the treatment best for him to manage all conditions.

          Lyn:)

        • elfinmyst@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2011
            Hi

            I get the dog 5mg ones and split them. A packet of 28 is similar cost to
            the 2.5mg so you get a lot more for your money.

            Lyn:)