Spiro- question about dosage

  • Smitty
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2011
      Hi everyone. Winston has his chest tapped three weeks ago. They only removed 22 ccs of chylous fluid. (Winston has restrictive plueritis)We cannot remove the rest of the fluid. He is fibrotic tissue that doesnt allow us to humanley locate the fluid. So....we are on 20 mgs of lasix 2x a day, 6.25 mgs spiro am and 12.5 mgs spiro pm. We are also now giving him rutin. He still sounds aweful (squeeking, noisy breathing).

      Can anyone tell me what dose of spiro you use? I am considering upping it on my own for about a week to 12.5 mgs twice a day......vet doesnt not agree with me.

      Thanks,

      M & Winston