Re: [FH] Cat recently diagnosed with HCM: advice on treatment

  • Mmayer11
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2010
      Dear Sherman's mom, you-didn't-give-your name...
      I am so sorry you and Sherman must face this disease. You will find lots of excellent support here. The questions Lynn asked, I hope you can answer.
      I have only one thing to add, you asked about Hawthorn...I have read several times [cannot remember where right now] that it is NOT good for cats or dogs with heart troubles...fine for humans, but not other animals. Don't risk using it, since there is some thoughts about it's dangers. CoQ10 30 mg, once or twice a day "daily" is a good supplement...I believe it's well worth trying to keep heart kitties on a natural high quality meat diet, and if at all possible restrict dry food.

      HTH

      Marianna