Re: Christmas Blessings

  • toomany_kittys
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2010
      Hi Karen,
      I am so sorry. I too take in special needs and very sick cats from failed shelters and collectors, as well as foster sick cats for some other shelters. I have also had 4 pass away this year - one from a vet mistake. It's the most I've ever lost in a year and needless to say it was a difficult year. The broken little ones are blessings.
      My heart goes out to you.

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2010
        Hi Karen

        I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please don't see this
        as a 'fault' it is a blessing. You take in poorly cats and give them the
        love and wonderful life they need for the time they have. Even if that is not
        long, it is a good time. I also have poorly cats and every day is a true
        blessing. They choose us, you know. You're a very special person and it's a
        very difficult decision but the right one. This world needs people like you
        and all the others here. We're chosen for a special job which causes
        sadness and pain but remember the joy and love too.

        Lyn :hugs:

      • Ana Gutierrez
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 26, 2010
          Dear Karen,

          I bet all the comfort words I can tell you, have been already said.
          I am sorry for your losses.
          I do the same, I rescue stray cats and dogs, but I keep the broken ones, and
          find good caring homes for the other ones.
          Punky is my first cat with a cardiomyopathy.... but ask... I have had a nice
          collection of cat and dog diseases.
          It hurts, but we cannot live other way, these little broken ones need us,
          because sadly, the ones who care about them, are very few.

          Hang in there and don't give up.

          Big warm hug,
          Ana