Cyproheptadine appetite stimulant

  • karenborga@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2010
      Does this medicine come in various strengths?
      My cat has been taking half of a tablet twice a day for a week.
      I am trying another ten days and like the idea of reducing the dose to 1/4 tablet.
      I will call my vet for advice also.
      Karen
      *****

      Carol wrote:
      ...maybe talk to the vets about giving him an appetite stimulant. One that we use often is Cyproheptadine. It's an antihistamine that has a side effect of making them want to eat. The normal dose is 1/4 a tablet twice a day, but we find that we can get by with just a tiny dose of 1/16 or 1/8 of a tablet once a day.....

      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile