Leaving group

  • Barbie
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2010
      Yesterdays incident was the final straw.  I yet again
      got attacked or at least I felt I was for the opinion I
      have on this horrible disease.  I wish others would
      respect the opinions and thoughts of others.  There
      IS more than one way of thinking and no one should
      be put down and be called cruel for what they believe
      in.  I don't like receiving these emails, they really bother
      me and affect my energy.  It is very negative to take
      the time to email people and put them down for what
      they think.  I quite frankly have had enough of it.  Don't
      need it in my life.

      I hope all your cats live the longest healthiest life they can.

      How do I leave a group anyhow?  Diane/Carol if you could let
      me know or send me the link.  Thanks.

      Barbie

      see in them what I am".

      Gustav Klimt

    • C.R.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 2010
        Dear everyone,

        I'm just at a loss as to how to handle things like this anymore. What I'm going to say now is probably going to make some of you upset with me, and if that's the case, then I'm sorry for that... but come on, people! Enough of this now...right now!

        I don't understand that what was said would have prompted ANYONE to write to another member, in this case, Barbie, and criticize them for saying what they feel.

        Whether you choose to believe it or not, this IS a fatal disease, and some cats don't do well with it...on the other hand, some do. In Barbie's case, her beloved Nunu was one of the worst cases I've seen here in a long time, along with many others who didn't fare well at all with this horrible disease. All Barbie is doing is sharing her pain and her anger at what took her kitty. There is nothing wrong with that. She's not pushing what she went through on anyone. She's just saying it like it was for her.

        You don't have to agree with her, or anyone else for that matter, but not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to criticize them about it. On groups like this, there are always going to be people who don't agree with someone else's opinions and feelings. The way to deal with your feelings about that is to just LET IT GO! It doesn't do anyone any good to take your anger and upset over something someone said and push that onto anyone else. When you do that, all you do is spread more and more negativity and pain, and that's just what we do not need here!

        It is NOT acceptable that members write to other members privately and give them grief about what they say. If you have a problem with sommething someone says, write to either me or Diane and let us handle it.

        I don't know who wrote to Barbie, but how could you even think to do that when you know the kind of pain she went through with Nunu? Did you even stop to think that maybe she's still in horrible pain and that was where she was coming from with her replies to posts? There's nothing wrong with being in pain and expressing it. No one should have to worry that they're going to get blasted for sharing their own experiences and feelings. Those of you who wrote to Barbie privately did just what you're upset about what you think she's done. You writing to her and being negative to her only deepens the wounds that she has already from the loss of her cat. Maybe it made you feel better in the moment, to reprimand someone else, but your anger over what someone else says would be better put to use by sitting for a moment, take some deep breaths and let the anger go away from you and not direct it back to another person. A little quiet time in the throws of an angry reaction will do wonders for your reaction.

        People need to learn to just let things go that push your buttons. I know that on these groups not everyone will get along, not everyone will like everyone else, but we need to just respect and accept that everyone is different.

        I want this to be the LAST TIME that I have to write another one of these posts. This kind of flaming will not be tolerated anymore. Anyone writing privately or publicly to other members criticizing them for anything they've posted will be put on moderation and possibly banned from the group.

        Again... if you have a real problem with another member's posts, write to me or Diane and let us handle it.

        I'm sorry to be so heavy handed about this, but it just makes me so sad that yet another member who needs to be here, feels like they have to leave because of another member's attacks on them.

        Really, truly, everyone...we need to be respectful of other's opinions, and remember that they are just that...an opinion. It's not right or wrong, it's just that one person's own experience and you cannot criticize someone for how they feel.

        Now, everyone just take a good, deep breath and let's get back to why we're here, to support each other and share our experiences.

        Carol
        Moderator, feline-heart

      • carolroar@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2010
          Thanks for the support. I really just want everyone hang in there with these things.
          I'm going to work now, so let's please play nice today! :-) Christmas is two weeks away, and I hope the holiday spirit will help us all feel better.

          Carol

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2010
            Barbie,
            I don't post much here but I do read all the posts to help me understand this
            disease in case my kitty has it one day. I really appreciate your honest, heart
            felt posts and hope you decide to continue here with us.

            There will always be a bad apple or two on every forum and you need to ignore
            them as best you can. I read quite a few other forums and blogs every day and
            man, I don't understand where all the "meanness" comes from sometimes since we
            all state we are animal lovers and then turn on each other in a heartbeat.

            Peace,
            Cathy

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 17, 2010
              good email Carol. Everyone of us has a different way of dealing with this illness and the grief it brings. I have just lost 3 HCM cats this year...........now I am dealing with PKD in 6 of my cats........

              Jinx was very hard to lose...........I treated him as a kitten and he died when he was 7. On the other hand, I lost a 6 month old kitten to this horrid disease.............and a 5 year old male and in both cases, neither of these cats displayed no symptons until they died! Talk about grief and guilt..........I didn't even know, nor the vets, that these cats had anything wrong.

              Strange, come to think on it.........they are all males. Do we have any females here who are affected? Most of the posts that I look back seem to be male??? Are males affected more than females?

              Please stay Barb.........

              Cathy

              --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "C.R." <carolroar@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > >
              > > Yesterdays incident was the final straw.  I yet again
              > > got attacked or at least I felt I was for the opinion I
              > > have on this horrible disease.  I wish others would
              > > respect the opinions and thoughts of others.  There
              > > IS more than one way of thinking and no one should
              > > be put down and be called cruel for what they believe
              > > in.  I don't like receiving these emails, they really bother
              > > me and affect my energy.  It is very negative to take
              > > the time to email people and put them down for what
              > > they think.  I quite frankly have had enough of it.  Don't
              > > need it in my life.
              > >
              > > I hope all your cats live the longest healthiest life they can.
              > >
              > > How do I leave a group anyhow?  Diane/Carol if you could let
              > > me know or send me the link.  Thanks.
              > >
              > > Barbie
              > >
              > > "Whoever wants to know something about me,
              > > must observe my paintings carefully and try to

            • cool4cats2008
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2011
                Hi all,

                Thanks to everyone who gave me help,support and advice recently regarding my sweet Charlie who passed away on Monday.

                We are shocked to have lost him so suddenly after only being diagnosed with heart failure just three weeks ago.

                I will leave this group now, but I want to wish everyone the very best of luck with your furry friends.

                Take care and hugs to your cats.

                Gill xx
              • christine french
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 8, 2011