Re: [FH] Cat Crashing

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2010
      hi -- if it isn't a clot, it may have been a seizure. Seizures cause them to lose control of all their functions. My soul-kitty (who did not have heart or kidney disease) started having seizures at age 16 -- and it turned out to be a brain tumor. They were able to control the seizures with meds, and he never had another one -- he lived another 3 months before he had a stroke and I had to help him move up to heaven. You might want to discuss the possibility of a seizure with your vet.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
        sorry, I sent this to the wrong person first time..

        Hi

        It doesn't sound like she threw a clot. If she has use of her legs and can
        climb up and down that's a good sign. A clot causes back leg paralysis and
        the paws would feel cool with no pulse. It's very painful. As she vomited,
        it's possible she had a violent gastroenteritis or a fit and if she
        continues to recover that will show over the next few days.

        If she is interested in food and can get about and use a litter tray, then
        there's a good chance for improvement. Can she wee and poop normally now?