Re: Rigsby

  • cathrynbe2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2010
      Hi Ruth,

      There is nothing wrong with you wanting to be certain what Rigsby condition really is and see if he rebounds.

      there was an outdoor cat near me who was injured and I was sure he was going to die - he had an injury on his paw and was limping. I couldn't catch him. I decided I had to make peace with whatever happened. He's a cat I've known for a few years but is not friendly.

      He altered his routine for over a week, even with the injury would jump up to a garage and over a fence, and wouldn'tbe around for long periods. I supported him with healthy food and fish oils and water as best I could. Then one day he was around during the day and he has now healed. Now he was not in as serious a situation as Rigsby but the point is that sometimes they will alter their routines.

      Sometimes when it's time, I think the cats do seem more peaceful. I think watching how he's doing is best.

      I don't know what your financial situation is but did you consider calling (phone consult) Dr. newkirk in New Jersey(U.S.) tho' I'm sure there are some great alternative vet options in the U.K.?

      best to you and Rigsby.

      Cathryn.