Re: [FH] Rigsby is home

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2010
      Your letter made me cry. This is definitely the hardest decision we ever have to make in our lives. But we all have to do it, sooner or later, it is the final gift we can give to our kitties to thank them for loving us so much for all those years.

      The only thing that matters is your cat's Quality of Life. This is a hard call sometimes, because they are usually up and down, and have good days here and there, etc.

      But I have found that if you look deeply into their eyes, they tell us when it's time to go. Pooh told me so clearly that morning, please let me go. Punkin was paralyzed and in so much pain after her saddle thrombosis, she said so clearly, please help me, please stop this pain!

      We cannot put ourselves and our pain and grief first at times like this -- they must come first. Take your little Rigsby and hold him close, then really look into his eyes and let him talk to you. You have gone above and beyond to help him through this crisis -- he is very blessed to have you to take care care of him. You have nothing to be sorry about, you did everything you could and more. Now let him tell you when he's ready. (And don't worry, I KNOW we will see our dear kitties again!!!)