Re: Senior Cat CHF stage 4

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2010
      Hi Lisa

      I am sorry your kitty is having so many problems. Yes, lasix is hard on the
      kidneys, and to increase the dose will possibly make the kidney failure
      worse. There is an alternative diuretic available, spironolactone and this
      spares the kidneys. It can be taken safely with lasix.

      I have balanced lasix and kidney disease with my cats as well. I find that
      fluid on the lungs is unpleasant and spoils quality of life and it is
      essential to deal with that first. It's a fine balancing act I know and a
      difficult decision but I've always gone for comfort first with my HCM cats.

      Increasing the lasix will reduce some of the fluid but it will likely
      affect the kidneys.It's a difficult decision and my thoughts and prayers are
      with you.