Re: [FH] Cat Apparition

  • penny33@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2010
      it does get easier in time though you never frget them . Hopefully you have another kitty or get one to help you heal .. it is always hard no matter how you are prepared or unprepared ,I find it harder loosing a dog or cat than a human loved one merr penny

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 2010
        We talked about this on another much larger cat list a couple years ago. Lots of people wrote in and said that for a while after losing a special kitty, they would feel her brush against their leg, or see her shadow, etc. It made me feel really left out, because I was so close to my soul-kitty Pooh, and yet he never came back to me in any way like that. I have dreamed about him 4 times in the 6 years he's been gone, and 3 of them were not good dreams -- they were of me being too busy to pay attention to him, etc. Those always made me cry! But the first one was special. He appeared in the middle of the floor, and I got down next to him and we spooned like we used to, and I rubbed his tummy. We did that every morning after I woke up, for years. That's what I missed most, so that dream was great. I still think about him every single day, and I wonder why I don't dream about him more! Do you guys dream about your kitties? They occupy SO many of our thoughts, and yet I have never dreamed about Tigger or Susie, the cats I have now. I am with them all the time, I never leave them, and yet I never dream about them. I find it strange.
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 12, 2010
          I dream about Max a lot...all kinds of dreams, usually me rescuing him or catching him to get him out of a bad situation but all kinds of crazy things...he's always a love, in dreams and in reality too, but I wish he'd let me spoon him and rub his tummy in the am! He does occasionally let me hold his tummy lately when we nap together, and I think it comforts him...I think he has mild tummy upset off and on...take care...Judi and Max

          To: carolroar@...; feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
          From: westgold@...
          Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:18:11 -0500

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 12, 2010
            I rarely have good dreams about any type of animal.
            I too am always rescuing them from something.  Or
            seeing them in very hurtful situations.  They say it
            is actually good luck when we dream of animals in
            these situations especially if the cat dies.  They say
            it is bad luck to see a cat in good health.

            Barbie

            see in them what I am".

            Gustav Klimt

            ________________________________

[...]

          • Lisa Clarizia Blueyes
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 12, 2010
              I hardly ever dream about the cats we have now, or even past cats and dogs,
              with the very occasional exception. If they do come back for visits, it may
              be that there are just times we're more open to experiencing it, or that
              we're not experiencing it because it would be more traumatic for us than we
              think it would be. Some cats I've "sensed" others I haven't and there's no
              rhyme or reason as to who comes for a visit. But I think it's comforting to
              know that there could be something beyond, even if we don't directly
              experience it ourselves.

              Lisa