Re: OT: testing posting

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2010
      Hi Judi

      There are number of reasons this could happen. The easiest is a furball and
      you'll get confirmation of that soon enough! My cats are moulting too. It
      could also be a respiratory infection or asthma, so might be worth a quick
      vet trip to listen to the lungs if it happens again.

      Finally it could be a cardiac cough which Tessy had for a while. It's
      usually worse in the evening and is a sign of approaching heart failure so would
      also need a check up at the vet. I don't want to alarm you, it's most
      likely a furball but I would get a quick check up if it happens again.

      Lyn :)

    • Jill Barclay
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 16, 2010
        Hi My name is Jill and my cats name is Oscar.  Oscar is 11yrs old and has been
        suffering from Hypertrophic Cardiomyopothy for the last 4 years.  He has been on
        Enalapril and Spiro for the last 4 years.  Oscar had a bad episode and has been
        at the vet for the last 3 days in the oxygen cage.  And the vet is trying to get
        his heart rate down.  The vet wants to switch Oscar to Pimobendan.  Have any of
        you out there used this drug on your heart kitties?  If so I would like to hear
        how things have gone for you.

        Thanks,
        Jill and Oscar