OT: testing posting

  • C.R.
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2010
      hi everyone,

      I just wanted to do a test post to see if it goes through, since there hasn't been anything posted in the past five days.

      Carol and Angel Snowball
      and the gang
    • Judi Levens
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2010
        Hi Carol; thanks...it has been very quiet...maybe just some fallout from the sad loss of kitties recently.
        So, I have a question...I am worried about Max. During the night yesterday, he had the dry heaves...nothing came up but he made the large sound that says "i'm going to throw up." Yesterday he ate lots (he's been having eating issues all summer...is primarily eating baby food.) Today he's eating less, and I just sense that something is up...has anyone had experience with dry heaves in their cats? He is not a cat that throws up a lot...when he does it's usually because he's just come inside from eating grass. I don't know why he's not eating normally...we did an ultrasound and they didn't see any reason. I elected not to do the procedure where they put the camera down the throat because of his heart...I may rethink that at some point, but we are getting ready to leave for Mexico for 6 months right now, so there's probably no chance.

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2010
          My Rascal does that when he gets hairballs.

          Barbie

          see in them what I am".

          Gustav Klimt

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 11, 2010
            Hi Judi

            There are number of reasons this could happen. The easiest is a furball and
            you'll get confirmation of that soon enough! My cats are moulting too. It
            could also be a respiratory infection or asthma, so might be worth a quick
            vet trip to listen to the lungs if it happens again.

            Finally it could be a cardiac cough which Tessy had for a while. It's
            usually worse in the evening and is a sign of approaching heart failure so would
            also need a check up at the vet. I don't want to alarm you, it's most
            likely a furball but I would get a quick check up if it happens again.

            Lyn :)

          • Jill Barclay
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 16, 2010
              Hi My name is Jill and my cats name is Oscar.  Oscar is 11yrs old and has been
              suffering from Hypertrophic Cardiomyopothy for the last 4 years.  He has been on
              Enalapril and Spiro for the last 4 years.  Oscar had a bad episode and has been
              at the vet for the last 3 days in the oxygen cage.  And the vet is trying to get
              his heart rate down.  The vet wants to switch Oscar to Pimobendan.  Have any of
              you out there used this drug on your heart kitties?  If so I would like to hear
              how things have gone for you.

              Thanks,
              Jill and Oscar