re: anti-inflammatory

  • Dana Michelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2010
      I'm not sure if it would be safe for heart kitties, but my heart kitty's sister had cancer (squamous cell carcinoma) and it was treated with Piroxicam. She had no problems with the medication, and happily took it as a treat once it was compounded into a fish-flavor concoction by the local compounding pharmacy. Talk to your vet and see if they think that Piroxicam would be a viable alternative, perhaps one that's a bit safer for your little one. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. :(

      Dana and Tigger (18 1/2 years old, HCM, hyperthyroid)