Re:newly diagnosed - restrictive cardiomyopathy

  • janie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2010
      Suzanne I had 5 cats with HCM.. Dont be alarmed by he may die anytime
      now. It just isnt always true. I had 2 who took just antelol and 1/4
      baby aspirin every 3 days. The antelol every am in a treat. One cat
      lived from 5 to 12 and never s problem just tire faster and he died of
      a sudden attack at 12. But 7 yrs he lived. The other was older 13 and
      she lived 3 years no problems tell the end and suddenly the last 2
      weeks her heart gave out. So there is no time frame now. You have no
      symptoms. The antelol is going to help the heart last longer and help
      if any arrhythmia so very important. I dont know why you have to use
      lasix or how often I would ask as I dont think it is needed unless he
      sees fluid or thinks build up every few days. It maybe be a low dose
      just incase? the blood pressure meds ??? dont understand. Maybe ask
      more. I would start the atenolol by itself and then add the next as
      cats can get sick and you wont know what did it. Good luck and dont
      take it as thats it. They can live with it. I feel the younger ones
      have the shorter span. Janie