Re: [FH] HELP!!! My cat just threw a clot

  • cathy coleman
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
      Pain relief.. What did they say about that? My cat has not had a clot (thank god) but my understanding is it is quite painful. I'm confused about why they say theere is nothing they can do. They could certainly treat his pain. I would call back and ask about that. Does he seem to be in pain? That answer is confusing to me.

      Cathy & Winston (sending you a big hug)

      At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
        Actually that response doesn't make sense to me either.
        They have things to disolve clots besides what you gave
        your cat.  I would find another vet.

        Barbie

        see in them what I am".

        Gustav Klimt

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
          He did mention the pain patch. I am heading to my regular vet to get the pain patch (which doesn't work right away) and some other pain med that works right away.

          They mentioned heparin- I don't know if they can give Heparin on top of the nattokinase. Can anyone speak to that?

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, cathy coleman <catherama@...> wrote:

          > Pain relief.. What did they say about that? My cat has not had a clot (thank god) but my understanding is it is quite painful. I'm confused about why they say theere is nothing they can do. They could certainly treat his pain. I would call back and ask about that. Does he seem to be in pain? That answer is confusing to me.
          >
          > Cathy & Winston (sending you a big hug)
          >

          > At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

        • Judi Levens
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
            If he has truly thrown a clot you should take him to an emergency vet right away (do not go to your regular vet...he's of the "can't help them" school.) They can be giving him heparin to try to dissolve the clot and they can be giving him strong pain killers...they should also be giving him extra lasix because the stress can cause CHF. You really need to act right away to help him get through this...there is definitely a chance to saving your cat and surely of helping the pain. No one knows for sure what will happen now, but many cats do recover with quick care...good luck to both of you! Judi and Max

            To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
            From: jintzr@...
            Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 15:49:12 +0000

          • penny33@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
              the heprin helps desolve the clot when possible , Zach was on heparin and they where giving some pain meds ,, its better they start asap to desolve the clot if possible ..merrpenny

              ""Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket""
            • D
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                Please say a prayer for dear Nubis. He is in an oxygen cage at the vet. He has received pain meds and heparin, and lasix- he went into CHF. All we can do is see if he pulls through this. Please send positive thoughts his way.

                Donna

                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                  yes, let's all light candles for him...it is possible he'll pull through so don't give up...send him mental images of you loving him and playing with him and tell him you're there for him, he'll get them and it will help him...good luck with him...Judi and Max

                  To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jintzr@...
                  Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:33:45 +0000

                  Please say a prayer for dear Nubis. He is in an oxygen cage at the vet. He has received pain meds and heparin, and lasix- he went into CHF. All we can do is see if he pulls through this. Please send positive thoughts his way.

                  Donna

                  --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, penny33@... wrote:

                  > the heprin helps desolve the clot when possible , Zach was on heparin and they where giving some pain meds ,, its better they start asap to desolve the clot if possible ..merrpenny
                  >

                  > ""Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket""

                • Suze Winn
                  Message 8 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                    Many prayers coming to Nubis and his family for healing and comfort.

                    suze and her gang

                    To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jintzr@...
                    Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:33:45 +0000

                    Please say a prayer for dear Nubis. He is in an oxygen cage at the vet. He has received pain meds and heparin, and lasix- he went into CHF. All we can do is see if he pulls through this. Please send positive thoughts his way.

                    Donna

                    --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, penny33@... wrote:

                    > the heprin helps desolve the clot when possible , Zach was on heparin and they where giving some pain meds ,, its better they start asap to desolve the clot if possible ..merrpenny

                    > ""Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket""

                  • Barbie
                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                      Just lit my candle.  Sending good thoughts
                      and prayers.

                      Barbie

                      see in them what I am".

                      Gustav Klimt

                      ________________________________

                      From: jintzr@...
                      Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:33:45 +0000

                      Message 10 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                        I have lit a candle in a new group called "nubis" at www.gratefulness.org. anyone else who wants to join the group just look for Nubis under Groups...Judi and Max

                        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
                        From: jintzr@...
                        Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:33:45 +0000

                        Please say a prayer for dear Nubis. He is in an oxygen cage at the vet. He has received pain meds and heparin, and lasix- he went into CHF. All we can do is see if he pulls through this. Please send positive thoughts his way.

                        Donna

                        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, penny33@... wrote:

                        > the heprin helps desolve the clot when possible , Zach was on heparin and they where giving some pain meds ,, its better they start asap to desolve the clot if possible ..merrpenny
                        >

                        > ""Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket""

                      • Westgold
                        Message 11 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                          We are all sending our prayers and thoughts. HEY GUYS -- if you suspect a clot, don't waste time writing the list for advice -- just go to the ER immediately!!!

                          Message 12 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                            Bless you all. I was so touched when I saw this. Thank you for thinking of my little man. He is still in the oxygen cage. They aren't sure he will make it through the night. He's quite a little fighter though. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you all, you are wonderful, caring people and it means so much to me.

                            Donna and Nubis (my little sunshine)

                            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Judi Levens <casaobelisco@...> wrote:

                            > I have lit a candle in a new group called "nubis" at www.gratefulness.org. anyone else who wants to join the group just look for Nubis under Groups...Judi and Max
                            >

                            > To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
                            > From: jintzr@...
                            > Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:33:45 +0000
                            > Subject: Re: [FH] HELP!!! My cat just threw a clot
                            >

                            > Please say a prayer for dear Nubis. He is in an oxygen cage at the vet. He has received pain meds and heparin, and lasix- he went into CHF. All we can do is see if he pulls through this. Please send positive thoughts his way.
                            >
                            > Donna
                            >
                            > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, penny33@ wrote:
                            > >
                            > > the heprin helps desolve the clot when possible , Zach was on heparin and they where giving some pain meds ,, its better they start asap to desolve the clot if possible ..merrpenny
                            > >

                            > > ""Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket""

                          • Wendy Solem
                            Message 13 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                              You should be doing EXACTLY what you are doing...getting in touch with the Dr
                              for pain relief and advise

                              and to us of course for any support that we can offer! Please know that you're
                              not alone and that we're here for you!

                              My Tino threw a clot a few months ago ...It's a scary thing, but you did just
                              the right thing by calling the Dr immediately and giving him the nattokinae.

                              I am thinking of you and you are in my thoughts and prayers!
                              Wendy "Tino" and "Joey"

                              ________________________________
                              Message 14 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                                Hi Donna,

                                Just replied to an earlier post from you and see that he is just where he needs
                                to be right now
                                The ER is just where he needs to be! I know it's hard, but that's best thing
                                possible! Tino was in oxygen and given meds through an IV...Of course positive
                                thoughts are on the way! The ER Vet can manage any pain, and he's just where he
                                needs to be right now. Will be looking for your posts for updates. You're doing
                                everything you can!

                                Wendy "Tino" and "Joey"

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 24 , Oct 7, 2010
                                  Donna, just one more thought.
                                  When I brought my Tino in, he was in congestive heart failure and wouldn't have
                                  made it through the night had he not been treated right away...he's doing well,
                                  please dont give up....will be positive for you when you're unable! But try...I
                                  have a miracle kitty right here. Please try to stay positive!
                                  Wendy "Tino" and "Joey"

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Oct 8, 2010
                                    Thank you. Unfortunately, I got the call at 2:30am from the ER Vet he was starting to slip away. I rushed down there and he passed away in my arms. It was absolutely heart-breaking, heart-wreching, and I am just devastated.

                                    He did get treatment for everything- we had taken him to the vet shortly after I first posted- he was in a an oxygen cage, given shots of lasix, pain meds, pain patch, and heparin. All the doctors & the cardiologist were very caring and supportive. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to safe his life. We tried everything we could to save him, but it wasn't enough. He disease was already in the extremely severe stage and I think it was just too much for him. I am absolutely heartbroken. I can't stop crying.

                                    Say a prayer for my Angel Nubis now in heaven. .

                                    Donna & Angel Nubis.

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Oct 8, 2010
                                      I am so sorry. But he was very blessed to have you to take care of him, especially during his illness. That's why he gave you all his love. He is now happy and healthy again, and waiting for you at the bridge. I KNOW we will see our little ones again --
                                      sincerely, Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Oct 8, 2010
                                        Aw sorry to hear of your loss.  Let the tears flow you
                                        need to let it out.  Don't hold back, it is part of the
                                        healing process.

                                        I'll be thinking of you and praying that you get through
                                        this difficult time.

                                        Hugs

                                        Barbie

                                        see in them what I am".

                                        Gustav Klimt

                                        ________________________________

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Oct 8, 2010
                                          I am so sorry my thoughts and prayers are with you .. merrpenny

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Oct 8, 2010
                                            Hi Donna; I am so very sorry for your loss...it sounds like he tried really hard, but it was just his time. I hope you'll take some comfort knowing we are all mourning your loss with you. Take good care of yourself now, and try to heal. I think when we have to take so much care of our sick kitties that we make an especially tight bond with them...it makes the loss even harder. But he'll be with you in your thoughts and hopefully one day again...Judi and Max

                                            To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
                                            From: jintzr@...
                                            Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:27:22 +0000

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Oct 8, 2010
                                              there is a candle lit for Nubis under the group Nubis at www.gratefulness.org...Judi and Max

                                              > To: jintzr@...; feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
                                              > From: casaobelisco@...
                                              > Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:47:59 -0700
                                              > Subject: RE: [FH] HELP!!! My cat just threw a clot
                                              >

                                              > Hi Donna; I am so very sorry for your loss...it sounds like he tried really hard, but it was just his time. I hope you'll take some comfort knowing we are all mourning your loss with you. Take good care of yourself now, and try to heal. I think when we have to take so much care of our sick kitties that we make an especially tight bond with them...it makes the loss even harder. But he'll be with you in your thoughts and hopefully one day again...Judi and Max
                                              >

                                              > To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
                                              > From: jintzr@...
                                              > Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:27:22 +0000
                                              > Subject: Re: [FH] HELP!!! My cat just threw a clot
                                              >

                                              > Thank you. Unfortunately, I got the call at 2:30am from the ER Vet he was starting to slip away. I rushed down there and he passed away in my arms. It was absolutely heart-breaking, heart-wreching, and I am just devastated.
                                              >
                                              > He did get treatment for everything- we had taken him to the vet shortly after I first posted- he was in a an oxygen cage, given shots of lasix, pain meds, pain patch, and heparin. All the doctors & the cardiologist were very caring and supportive. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to safe his life. We tried everything we could to save him, but it wasn't enough. He disease was already in the extremely severe stage and I think it was just too much for him. I am absolutely heartbroken. I can't stop crying.
                                              >
                                              > Say a prayer for my Angel Nubis now in heaven. .
                                              >
                                              > Donna & Angel Nubis.
                                              >
                                              > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Solem <wsolem3@...> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > Donna, just one more thought.
                                              > > When I brought my Tino in, he was in congestive heart failure and wouldn't have
                                              > > made it through the night had he not been treated right away...he's doing well,
                                              > > please dont give up....will be positive for you when you're unable! But try...I
                                              > > have a miracle kitty right here. Please try to stay positive!
                                              > > Wendy "Tino" and "Joey"
                                              > >

                                              > > ________________________________

                                            • C.R.
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Oct 8, 2010
                                                Oh Donna,

                                                I just read your most recent post. I'm so sorry you lost little Nubis. My heart goes out to you. I know that pain and not being able to stop crying. I'm so sorry.

                                                I'll light a candle for you both tonight.

                                                Sending gentle hugs,
                                                Carol and Angel Snowball
                                                and the gang

                                                --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "D" <jintzr@...> wrote:

                                                > Thank you. Unfortunately, I got the call at 2:30am from the ER Vet he was starting to slip away. I rushed down there and he passed away in my arms.
                                                > Say a prayer for my Angel Nubis now in heaven. .
                                                >
                                                > Donna & Angel Nubis.
                                              • Wendy Solem
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Oct 8, 2010
                                                  Dear Donna,
                                                  I am so sorry to hear about your loss I know the devastation that you feel,.

                                                  I am so glad that you vet was able to reach you, I think it was important that
                                                  he died in your arms knowing that you were there let him know that it was OK, I
                                                  had my little Winston die in my arms and I know he felt the love and the safety
                                                  that your little one felt too.

                                                  Please remember that he is no longer in any discomfort and that he knew nothing
                                                  but love and safety with you

                                                  and that you did everything that you could possibly do, Please know that you
                                                  are in my thoughts and prayers, again, I am so sorry for your loss.

                                                  Wendy