Please move on now.

  • C.R.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010
      Hi Everyone,

      We reallly need to all calm down, please.

      Melissa, I understand how you feel. No one wants to be told how or when to help their furkid cross over. It can be very upsetting. I've had it done to me many time on other groups.

      From now on, if it wasn't clear prior to this, members will not suggest that any other member put their cat to sleep. PERIOD! This subject is solely a personal decision, and members will not bring it up to other members, EVER.

      I don't care how you feel about it. When it comes to that, for someone else's cat, no one but that cat's "parents" have the right to discuss that. If, however, someone asks an opinion on whether or not they should do it, then by all means, offer your thoughts. Other than that, this subject will not be discussed. I've been on the receiving end too many times from people telling me I should put my cats or dogs to sleep, and it's just not acceptable. It's between that cat and their family, no one else.

      I don't think Barbie was giving an opinion on anyone else's cat's quality of life. I believe she was commenting on her own cat's quality of life. I took this as if her cat was as bad as she is (and Nunu is very bad right now), she wouldn't be able to do the same as others may be doing if she was in the situation.

      Fighting and name calling is not acceptable on or off list. We don't care who is right, wrong, to blame or not. It's just not acceptable from anyone. We're all adults here. We know that on groups there are many personalities, and they don't always get along. That would be great, in a perfect world. That said, take this off list now, but do it respectfully. The negative posts in this thread will be deleted, and any other posts that remotely resemble fighting or arguing will be deleted.

      Please remember to be respectful. I know everyone has their own stuff going on (me included with 3 sick cats right now and work and a sick family member), and it all can be too much and emotions can be raw. Try to remember that when posting.

      Sorry to be such a heavy hand here, but this group cannot turn into one of those places where people fight with each other.

      If you have a problem with a member, do not post to the group with this kind of thing. Do not reply to the group with private messages. It's not good for anyone really. All it does is make people stressed and upset. It's better to work things out privately, in a respectful way. If you can't work it out privately, write to either Diane, the list owner, or me, and we'll try to work it out.

      I'm not taking any sides here. I'm just trying to keep the peace within the group.

      Carol
      Moderator, feline-heart