Re:Fred can't walk...first toes started curling over, now legs are limp

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010
      Hi

      I am sorry to hear Fred is poorly. I agree it sounds neurological, but you
      say it varies which foot and has come on so suddenly. The first thing that
      comes to my mind is a potassium defect and that needs a prompt and urgent
      blood test. Difficulty walking and neurological signs can be a potassium
      problem and lasix depletes potassium. Cats on lasix often need a supplement
      for this.

      Its a dramatic thing, comes on quickly and is easily fixed if it is. I hope
      this is all it is, it just sounds so possible with his symptoms.