Re: [FH] Re:update on Fred's breathing...not heart failure?

  • Barbie
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 24, 2010
      Thanks Annie I fear she is going into congestive
      heart failure.  Will be giving Lasix this morning
      and dread to put her through the allergic reaction
      yet again.  It is sort of like a mild seizure.  But
      for those of us who have experienced seizures
      it isn't pretty even mild types.  I don't know what
      else to do.  I think I need to put her down because
      this is just not right or fair to her.  I can't stand
      this anymore, I'm at my end!

      Barbie

      see in them what I am".

      Gustav Klimt

      ________________________________
      From: sentto-482138-40422-1285250669-annie=solute.co.za@...
      com
      Date: 2010/09/24 09:45:55 AM
      To: annie@...

      I didn't realize that the crackling means
      heart failure. I thought it meant fluid on
      the lungs, which I guess the bottom line
      does mean heart failure if not treated.
      Is that what you mean or are you saying that
      when a cat has that crackling and popping
      they are already in heart failure. I have
      been so stressed the past few days I am
      getting worried for my own health in the heart'
      department. I just don't know how much
      more of this I can take. I am about to break.
      I don't think my husband realizes or if he
      is taking me serious when I tell him I have
      had a lot of chest pain since all this started.
      I can't just keep on paying vet bills this is
      already starting to get out of hand. I have
      already decided NO second echo, too expensive
      to tell me if it has progressed in a month.
      I just don't feel the need for someone to tell
      me it has gotten a bit worse or stayed the same.
      I just don't feel their is any point to that info
      honestly. I guess some of you may feel differently
      but that is how I feel about it. I can also imagine
      that as soon as I let my Internist know that I am
      holding off on the echo she will no longer offer
      treatment for us. Which is fine because then I know
      it is about the money and not the pet. As some
      of you may be picking up I am finding myself angry
      this morning. I am tired, stressed, having palpitations
      getting tired of trying to keep a cat with me and it
      seems harder on her more than anything. I know
      you all may have experienced this, today I have no
      patience left for this disease. I am exhausted!!!

      So I guess they might have wanted to tell me that
      this drug doesn't take fluids out of the lungs which
      was her problem. No wonder she has gotten worse
      and seems to be back at square one. They did say
      I would possibly have to give her lasix, why did they
      say possibly when they knew better. That is where
      I think my anger is coming from right now. I hate
      giving her the lasix because she is so badly allergic
      to it. I worry that at some point her esophagus is
      just going to close up on her. I hate this whole
      situation. I need to stop now because I'm too upset
      to continue typing.

      Barbie

      see in them what I am".

      Gustav Klimt