Re: [FH] Fang...genetic

  • Allyson Spring
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
      Hi Roberta,

      I am also in NOVA do you use CVCA and the Hope center for cardiologists? I use Pender for my regular vet.

      Best,

      Allyson

      Sent from my iPad

      Hi -- I am sad to read this story. I also have precious Scottish Folds. I bred for several years, starting in 1989 -- but once HCM popped up in my line, I closed my cattery. I had one beautiful folded cream classic tabby girl die in my arms at 18 months of age, and I saw how devastating HCM is. Now Scottish Folds are in the top 10 for HCM, because most breeders had their heads in the sand and kept breeding cats who had HCM when it first appeared in the mid-90s. Very sad.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2010
        We also go to CVCA! The Backlick location though. We moved to NOVA a month after Maisy was diagnosed. CVCA has been great. 100 times better than the place we went to in TX.

        Kat

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Allyson Spring <allymosk@...> wrote:

        > Hi Roberta,
        >
        > I am also in NOVA do you use CVCA and the Hope center for cardiologists? I use Pender for my regular vet.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Allyson
        >
        > Sent from my iPad
        >
        > On Sep 24, 2010, at 4:26 PM, "Westgold" <westgold@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi -- I am sad to read this story. I also have precious Scottish Folds. I bred for several years, starting in 1989 -- but once HCM popped up in my line, I closed my cattery. I had one beautiful folded cream classic tabby girl die in my arms at 18 months of age, and I saw how devastating HCM is. Now Scottish Folds are in the top 10 for HCM, because most breeders had their heads in the sand and kept breeding cats who had HCM when it first appeared in the mid-90s. Very sad.

      • Allyson Spring
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2010
          Hi Kat, Roberta,

          Which Dr do you see? Also what medications did they give your kitties and how old are they? We have only gone there since early August.

          Cheers,

          Allyson

          Sent from my iPad

          On Oct 3, 2010, at 4:35 AM, "katpruetz" <katpruetz@...> wrote:

          We also go to CVCA! The Backlick location though. We moved to NOVA a month after Maisy was diagnosed. CVCA has been great. 100 times better than the place we went to in TX.

          Kat

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Allyson Spring <allymosk@...> wrote:

          > Hi Roberta,
          >
          > I am also in NOVA do you use CVCA and the Hope center for cardiologists? I use Pender for my regular vet.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Allyson
          >
          > Sent from my iPad
          >
          > On Sep 24, 2010, at 4:26 PM, "Westgold" <westgold@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hi -- I am sad to read this story. I also have precious Scottish Folds. I bred for several years, starting in 1989 -- but once HCM popped up in my line, I closed my cattery. I had one beautiful folded cream classic tabby girl die in my arms at 18 months of age, and I saw how devastating HCM is. Now Scottish Folds are in the top 10 for HCM, because most breeders had their heads in the sand and kept breeding cats who had HCM when it first appeared in the mid-90s. Very sad.

        • Kat MacDonald
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2010
            Allyson,

            Maisy sees Dr. Sidley @ CVCA.  Maisy is around 9 years old (we don't know for sure, she could be older).  Right now she takes Atenolol and Plavix for her heart and Cosequin for arthritis.