Re: Winston's Cardiologist just called, and said there is nothing more he can do....

  • D
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hi Melissa, I just got back from the cardiologist about an hour ago. My cat is in the severe HCM stages also. We are increasing Nubis's lasix to 12.5mg twice daily, and my cardiologist is also adding in spironolactone, he thought it would help. He prescribed 6.25mg of Spironolcatone twice daily. I will fill the prescription today and let you know how it goes.

      Do you also give CoQ10 and Omega 3's? Those really seem to help.
      Donna

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "smittyhj82" <smittyhj82@...> wrote:

      > Thus, I need your help.
      >
      > Any of you who give PIMOBENDEN (VETMEDIN) and the diagnosis was HCM (not RCM or DCM) LEFT SIDED FAILURE.....has to be a daistolic failure, NOT systolic. My cardio was against PIMOBENDEN, and alot of studies are too, if your kitty has HCM, and takes this drug, please let me know your expereinces.
      >
      > AND SPIRONOLACTONE- my cardio also never let me try this either, for what reason, he never said, just that he DOESNT use it. I just read a Mylo Clinic study (for humans, same concept) and it said even though spiro is a duiretic, it has aldosterone antagonist properties that support normal heart function. And that it can actually improve symptoms of congestive heart failure.
      >
      > IF YOU USE EITHER OF THESE, please share your stories with me, I am taking info back to my regular vet to try and make him let me pursue my options.
      >
      > Melissa and Winston.

    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
        We are all praying for all the little kitties who are having a rough time now ---

      • Monika Delle
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
          We certainly are. Lots of prayers and positive
          energy for all the sick kitties and their stressed
          owners.

          Monika