Breathing noises inspiratory and expiratory from nose on new HCM kitty.

  • Allyson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hello hoping for some advice! I am new!

      My cat Boomer is 11 and is diabetic and went into CHF end of July 2010 with a diagnosis of HCM.

      He is on 2. Units of insulin glargine a day 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening
      1/4 a plavix in the morning
      2.5 mg of benazepril in the morning and in the evening
      12.5 mg of lasix every 8 hours

      Boomer when laying or sitting makes a noise sort of congested and whistling when laying down. This has gone on for the past couple months. He also has a few sneezing fits a day and his eyes look a little bit teary. His nose is wet at times which he licks and other times very very dry? I feel like a hear his noises most when it is dry. Currently he is on his 3rd day of zithromax and he takes lysine for suspected recurrent uri.

      I have videos of the noises and his cardiologist does not think they are heart related nor does 3 vets who have seen the videos. His respiratory rate ranges from 28 to 40 depending on the nose and his dr think this is his normal range. Other vets in his group have mentioned snuffling, asthma, allergies and uris. Any advice? When he is congested i am scared he will stop eating. The only wet food he will eat is fancy feast grilled varieties only and sometimes he licks the gravy only.

      Any advice or experiences would be appreciated. I worry about the noises all the time.

      Thank you!

      Allyson and Boomer