Re: [FH] Re:getting rid of fluids

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2010
      This is right, Lyn. When they spit up some frothy liquid it usually means there is a hairball -- you can expect it in the next day or two.

      When I found my little girl dying of HCM back in 1995, she was sitting in a big puddle of fluid that I guess she was trying to cough out to save herself. It was just clear liquid, but it was slightly thick, like runny maple syrup, only clear. I didn't notice any smell or stickiness, but then I was in a panic trying to save her. My first impulse was to hold her upside down to try to drain the fluids, but now I think she was already dead by then. I also tried mouth-to-nose, but she was definitely gone by the time I got to that. This was my first experience with hCM, sudden death. I didn't even know what it was until this happened.