Re: [feline-heart] Prednisone

  • MJ&AR
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
      Cybil started on 2.5 mgs every other day. Now she is on 2.5 every afternoon.
      She did need that boost. MJ
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
        Bella takes pills..don't remember if they are dex or pred.
        Just keep your eye on salt levels re heart problem.. and dont ever give a
        long acting steroid.. either a three day injection or pills as needed are
        best.----- Original Message -----
        From

        : "Sandler, Zellene E." <zellene.sandler@...>
        > Have any of you had to give your kitties prednisone? My vet feel it would
        > help Widgie's lungs, which are inflamed, but doesn't want to use it
        because
        > it can cause fluid buildup...the last thing you need in a heart kitty. So
        > I'd be interested to see if anyone has given this med to an HCM kitty.

      • Carole
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2001
          Sam started on 10mg daily but it was too much. We then switched to 5mg one day and half that the next, then 5mg onwards. Carole