RE: [feline-heart] Prednisone

  • Sandler, Zellene E.
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
      What dosages were Sam and Cybil taking? Widgie is really really sensitive
      to many drugs. My vet is very very cautious!

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
        Cybil started on 2.5 mgs every other day. Now she is on 2.5 every afternoon.
        She did need that boost. MJ
        > What dosages were Sam and Cybil taking? Widgie is really really sensitive
        > to many drugs. My vet is very very cautious!

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Melody Woods
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2001
          Bella takes pills..don't remember if they are dex or pred.
          Just keep your eye on salt levels re heart problem.. and dont ever give a
          long acting steroid.. either a three day injection or pills as needed are
          best.----- Original Message -----
          From

          : "Sandler, Zellene E." <zellene.sandler@...>
          > Have any of you had to give your kitties prednisone? My vet feel it would
          > help Widgie's lungs, which are inflamed, but doesn't want to use it
          because
          > it can cause fluid buildup...the last thing you need in a heart kitty. So
          > I'd be interested to see if anyone has given this med to an HCM kitty.

        • Carole
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2001
            Sam started on 10mg daily but it was too much. We then switched to 5mg one day and half that the next, then 5mg onwards. Carole