RE: [feline-heart] HELP ME< MY 5 yrl old just vomited everything I fed her for today and coughed

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000

      (
      > Also she likes to sleep with me on my bed and she's been urinating on my
      > bed. what should or can I do????

      I'm no expert, but it sure sounds like she's blocked (unable to urinate in box, urinating on bed). I don't know whether this constitutes an emergency in a female cat. I will see what I can find in my "Cat Owner's Home Vet Handbook". meanwhile, is there an emergency clinic you can call & ask?

      --
      JR
      & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000
        Please remember that I'm a real amateur ... but, here is what I found in the
        vet handbook. "The chief signs of FUS (feline urologic syndrome) are
        prolonged suqatting & straining. Symptomatic cats ... urinate in unusual
        places ..." It also says that vomiting can occur.

        Please don't take this as a diagnosis, as I'm just doing some pattern
        matching. I also don't know whether this constitutes an emergency. Once
        again, I strongly suggest that you make some phone calls & see what you can
        find out.

        Please keep us informed.