Freeway shaking

  • NicoleH
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2010
      Hi everyone

      I have posted here and on the assisted feeding and CRF groups about my sweet kitty freeway. She has advanced CRF and was recently diagnosed with HCM after she experienced congestive heart failure. The cardiologist put her on Lasix and - after a few days - the fluids cleared up and she is now off Lasix. We can't give her fluids right now, so I am just monitoring her condition, giving her zofran, and syringe feeding her since she is not eating.

      For the past six months or so, I've noticed that Freeway's head has a slight twitch, that gets a bit stronger when she is purring. Today, the twitch is much more pronounced and frequent. It is quite distressing to see her like this and I am worried that it is a serious problem. Does anyone have experience with this problem and can you offer some insight or advice?

      thanks!

      Nicole
    • Judi Levens
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2010
        I know this sounds strange, and I can't offer any insight, but for a short time we saw Max with a slight tremor in his head also. It was just before he went into CHF and occasionally afterwards. I haven't seen it now for a couple of years. When I brought him to the vet, he asked some questions which were pertinent (I can't remember what they were) and kind of dismissed it, so it may not be important. On the other hand, your cat may have something else causing this, so I would check it with the vet....good luck...Judi and Max

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2010
          From what I was told about that, because we asked
          about seizures and everything when we had her echo
          done.  From what I understand that is the beginning
          of a seizure.  Or it could even be a form of seizure.
          Might want to get that checked out.  Not sure how
          serious it is, but I know when pets go into seizures
          it is a very scary thing.  I had a dog with Epilepsy
          years ago and sometimes this would happen before
          he went into one, or sometimes just that happened.
          And we knew to give him a pill.

          Hope your baby is going to be okay.

          Barbie

          see in them what I am".