Re: Feline Thromboembolism

  • jruthaitken
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2010
      hi
      my cat Rigsby had an embolism in his foreleg december 19th 2009. I was given a terrible prognosis for him. but within about 3 days he was hobbling around and within 3 months he was walking/running normally. He was however very low in mood, slept more and ate less so I was very worried he was about to either have another clot or die.

      he had an echo two months later and a large clot was visible in his heart - so again I was worred about bits of it breaking off and causing another embolism or worse - but by last month the clot had gone. He still has a risk of a clot, but his heart has not worsened. he was originally given lasik and fortekor - both almost killed him because he has kidney failure - but now he is just on plavix and takes approximately 80-100mls per day of subq fluid for his kidneys. he is stable....something I never thought I would write about him again last december.
      the help, advice and support I have received from this group, the CRF group and the CRF-diabetes group have kept me going and given me the knowledge I have needed to figure out the best care for him.
      fingers crossed for your friend's little cat - tell her there is hope!
      take care
      Ruth

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "bevfriz" <bevfriz@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone give me information on this subject and what to expect.My friend has a cat just diagnosed with this condition. The cat, Kee, is paralysed in the rear legs and is on plavix. This is a new condition and he was just sent home yesterday.
      > Bev

    • SandyB
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2010
        I had a 22 month old Ragdoll, Bandit,

      • penny33@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
          our zach came home fri doing really good considering no limp or anything almost like nothing happened he is on bp pills . keeping fingers crossed.. penny

          ""Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket""
        • Judi Levens
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
            what wonderful news Penny...give Zach a big hug for us...Judi and Max

            To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
            From: penny33@...
            Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:27:30 -0400
            Subject: Re: [FH] Re: Feline Thromboembolism