OT- Liver mass... lymphoma?

  • vjunger
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
      I'm at my end of the rope, and feel alone on this one. Not even a
      yahoo group. Maybe time to start one.

      Simba was Dx w/hyperCalcium. all blood work is good, all spc blood
      work neg, things started gettting worse, took him to the ER which is
      a spc grp by day, and ultra sound showed a mass, they took a sample
      and waiting to see what type of cancer.

      My undgerstanding most times it's lymphoma which could be treated,
      and has had good results, the other cancers i guess not so good.

      Sounds like they want to send him home, but he's still the same, I
      want to spend time w/him but hate to see him, not eating, etc...
      They are going to try to come up w/a few things, but again waiting
      to see what type of cancer, I just want to feel ready.

      Any input on liver this would be great. please CC me as well, i'm
      on digets.

      Thank you
      Vickie
    • carolroar@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
        Oh Vickie,

        I'm' sorry Simba may have cancer. I've had too many kitties that have had it too, so I understand how scared you are.

        Here are the links to some feline cancer and liver groups I belong to. I hope you can get more info there and support and not feel so alone. And here is the Calcitriol group. There has been a lot of discussion of hypercalcemia on that group over the years. http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Calcitriol/

        We'll be thinking good thoughts for Simba.

        hugs,
        Carol and Angel Snowball the gang

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2010
          Hi Vickie,
          There's also a feline lymphoma group.
          I've also consulted with Dr. Deva Khalsa (an amazing integrative vet) about cancer kitties and others with rare disorders. If you google her you'll find contact info.
          My thoughts are with you.
          El

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "vjunger" <vjunger@...> wrote:

          > I'm at my end of the rope, and feel alone on this one. Not even a
          > yahoo group. Maybe time to start one.
          >
          > Simba was Dx w/hyperCalcium. all blood work is good, all spc blood
          > work neg, things started gettting worse, took him to the ER which is
          > a spc grp by day, and ultra sound showed a mass, they took a sample
          > and waiting to see what type of cancer.
          >
          > My undgerstanding most times it's lymphoma which could be treated,
          > and has had good results, the other cancers i guess not so good.
          >
          > Sounds like they want to send him home, but he's still the same, I
          > want to spend time w/him but hate to see him, not eating, etc...
          > They are going to try to come up w/a few things, but again waiting
          > to see what type of cancer, I just want to feel ready.
          >
          > Any input on liver this would be great. please CC me as well, i'm
          > on digets.
          >
          > Thank you
          > Vickie

        • vjunger
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2010
            Well it's Monday 4pm, was just able to bring simba hm since
            thurs. First thing he did was go for the dry food.

            Now he has been non stop going in and out of every room, to ea
            of his spots, like he can't find a spot to choice? He's making
            me nerves don't know what to do. it's not like he going around
            checking the house, he trys to lay down, but then seems to not
            like the spot, all his spots.

            The feeding tube in his nose was removed, and has a bandage on his
            back leg where a cath line was for blood.

            He just can't seem to find a spot.

            Please CC me was any advise.

            Thanks
            Vickie

            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "toomany_kittys" <toomany_kittys@...> wrote:

            > Hi Vickie,
            > There's also a feline lymphoma group.
            > I've also consulted with Dr. Deva Khalsa (an amazing integrative vet) about cancer kitties and others with rare disorders. If you google her you'll find contact info.
            > My thoughts are with you.
            > El
            >

            > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "vjunger" <vjunger@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm at my end of the rope, and feel alone on this one. Not even a
            > > yahoo group. Maybe time to start one.
            > >
            > > Simba was Dx w/hyperCalcium. all blood work is good, all spc blood
            > > work neg, things started gettting worse, took him to the ER which is
            > > a spc grp by day, and ultra sound showed a mass, they took a sample
            > > and waiting to see what type of cancer.
            > >
            > > My undgerstanding most times it's lymphoma which could be treated,
            > > and has had good results, the other cancers i guess not so good.
            > >
            > > Sounds like they want to send him home, but he's still the same, I
            > > want to spend time w/him but hate to see him, not eating, etc...
            > > They are going to try to come up w/a few things, but again waiting
            > > to see what type of cancer, I just want to feel ready.
            > >
            > > Any input on liver this would be great. please CC me as well, i'm
            > > on digets.
            > >
            > > Thank you
            > > Vickie

          • Judi Levens
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 6, 2010
              give him a little time to readjust to being home...he may be just excited to see all his spots again and not want to choose just one yet? Judi and Max

              To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
              From: vjunger@...
              Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:03:09 +0000
              Subject: [FH] Re: OT- Liver mass... lymphoma?

              Well it's Monday 4pm, was just able to bring simba hm since
              thurs. First thing he did was go for the dry food.

              Now he has been non stop going in and out of every room, to ea
              of his spots, like he can't find a spot to choice? He's making
              me nerves don't know what to do. it's not like he going around
              checking the house, he trys to lay down, but then seems to not
              like the spot, all his spots.

              The feeding tube in his nose was removed, and has a bandage on his
              back leg where a cath line was for blood.

              He just can't seem to find a spot.

              Please CC me was any advise.

              Thanks
              Vickie

              --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "toomany_kittys" <toomany_kittys@...> wrote:

              > Hi Vickie,
              > There's also a feline lymphoma group.
              > I've also consulted with Dr. Deva Khalsa (an amazing integrative vet) about cancer kitties and others with rare disorders. If you google her you'll find contact info.
              > My thoughts are with you.
              > El
              >

              > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "vjunger" <vjunger@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm at my end of the rope, and feel alone on this one. Not even a
              > > yahoo group. Maybe time to start one.
              > >
              > > Simba was Dx w/hyperCalcium. all blood work is good, all spc blood
              > > work neg, things started gettting worse, took him to the ER which is
              > > a spc grp by day, and ultra sound showed a mass, they took a sample
              > > and waiting to see what type of cancer.
              > >
              > > My undgerstanding most times it's lymphoma which could be treated,
              > > and has had good results, the other cancers i guess not so good.
              > >
              > > Sounds like they want to send him home, but he's still the same, I
              > > want to spend time w/him but hate to see him, not eating, etc...
              > > They are going to try to come up w/a few things, but again waiting
              > > to see what type of cancer, I just want to feel ready.
              > >
              > > Any input on liver this would be great. please CC me as well, i'm
              > > on digets.
              > >
              > > Thank you
              > > Vickie

            • Barbie
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6, 2010
                He may be feeling some discomfort because I know
                many times especially cats will do what you are explaining
                when they don't feel right.  They do the
                same thing when they have uninary problems, they
                will often go outside the box because in their mind
                whenever they try to urinate which is always in their
                box, they often think it is the litter box that is causing
                the pain and think well if I go outside the box it will
                be better.  Which of course it isn't but they do it anyhow.
                So maybe she may be feeling some discomfort and
                is thinking or concluding that her comfy spots are causing
                the discomfort she is feeling and is moving from spot to spot to try to
                find one that works and she can't because she still
                isn't feeling 100%.  Just a thought.

                Barbie

                see in them what I am".

                Gustav Klimt