Re:Supplements for HCM cats

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hi Lissa

      That is Cardio S in the UK and mine have been on it years and have been
      stable. It's a huge pill but mine swallow it in chicken easily enough and it
      seems to have helped a lot.

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
        Hi Cathy

        Has Winston had his thyroid checked? My HCM boy, Josh was eating like crazy
        and getting thinner and had hyperthyroid. There are two blood tests, T3
        and T4 and Josh had the T4 and was found to be hyperthyroid. He has tablets
        for this daily and it has also helped to stabilise his heart.

        Josh is struggling thyroid, heart and kidneys too, so it's a balancing act.
        Thyroid malfunction can also make heart problems worse and if he hasn't
        had it checked I would get that done immediately.

        :) Lyn