Re: [FH] Re: HCM Cats & Appetite increase

  • Barbie
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
       If you just recently had her thyroid checked chances
      are it is probably something else.   Though not very common,
      there is a condition called ulcerative suppurative rhinitis.
      This is basically a fancy term for an autoimmune disease
      which causes sores that produce a pus-like or mucus
      discharge in the nasal passages.

      Barbie

      see in them what I am".

      Gustav Klimt

      ________________________________
      From: C.R. <carolroar@...>
      Subject: [FH] Re: HCM Cats & Appetite increase
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 6:30 PM

      hi Cathy,

      The thing that comes to mind is hyperthyroid. HyperT can make them want to eat
      and not gain weight, and in fact, they'll often lose weight. Has his thyroid
      okay?

      and the gang

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
        Hi Lissa

        That is Cardio S in the UK and mine have been on it years and have been
        stable. It's a huge pill but mine swallow it in chicken easily enough and it
        seems to have helped a lot.

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2010
          Hi Cathy

          Has Winston had his thyroid checked? My HCM boy, Josh was eating like crazy
          and getting thinner and had hyperthyroid. There are two blood tests, T3
          and T4 and Josh had the T4 and was found to be hyperthyroid. He has tablets
          for this daily and it has also helped to stabilise his heart.

          Josh is struggling thyroid, heart and kidneys too, so it's a balancing act.
          Thyroid malfunction can also make heart problems worse and if he hasn't
          had it checked I would get that done immediately.

          :) Lyn