Re: Wheezing and coughing

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2010
      Hi Barbie

      Steroids can push HCM cats into heart failure. I`ve never had this
      experience but I`m sure there are some here who will be contacting you. Unless
      they're life saving, i would avoid all steroids with any heart cat completely.

    • Barbie
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2010
        Yes that is correct.  But when she was given
        the steriod on the 16th and 17th, both vets
        were convinced it was a lung issue not heart and it still
        very could be.  So when she was still having difficulties
        they knew it was most likely heart probs.  But we
        first needed to rule out lung problems so this
        is how they handled it.  Her x-ray wasn't in your face
        this is what is wrong.  From the x-ray to them it was more
        of a lung thing than heart.  So when her symptoms
        persisted we were told to get a echo which we did
        and from there she was diagnosed with HCM.  The Ventolog
        stays in the system for 1 to 2 weeks.  By the time
        she started her meds for HCM the ventolog was
        most likely out of her system.

        Barbie

        see in them what I am".

        Gustav Klimt