Hypokalemia?

  • smittyhj82
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2010
      Has anyone here had trouble with drastically low potassium levels? Normal is 3.5 to 5.1. Winston is at 2.5. He has been getting salt substitute on his food (potassium cholride). My vet says if this gets any worse, there really isnt much hope. I am doubling the salt substitute and giving 5 cc Potassium Gluconate 2 x a day. More if i can......

      Anyone else out there have a low potassium scare?

      We are starting Carvedilol on Monday.

      Melissa