HELP ME< MY 5 yrl old just vomited everything I fed her for today and coughed

  • earina613@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000
      Hi Everyone, sorry i've been out of touch.
      I need help with my 5 yr old kitty Boo Boo.
      She went to use her little box, (a little of #2), then she went to another
      litter box and spent some time there didn't do anything, she went to her
      third little box(I have three for her) and vomited all the food she's
      eaten(NEURA Special Diet --lite Formula). then she went under my bed and
      started to cough (funny cough)
      I didn't see her do that yet. Please tell me what this is a sign off??? is
      it bad?
      am I feeding her something bad?
      Please let me knoww right away I am sooooooooo sad:(
      Also she likes to sleep with me on my bed and she's been urinating on my
      bed. what should or can I do????

      She has a CRF and HCM(heart disease).
      short summary of CRF: as of 4/13/00 she was 6lbs, bun 72
      creatine
      4.5

      phosphorous 6.7
      Heart: III /VI left sternal systolic. Severe hypetrophic cardiomyopathy

      She is on 1/4 tab of antenolol daily.
      pet tinic 2cc twice a day
      pepcid, 1/4 once a day
      ampho gel 1cc twice a day
      felovite II a few times a day

    • Jonathan Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000

        (
        > Also she likes to sleep with me on my bed and she's been urinating on my
        > bed. what should or can I do????

        I'm no expert, but it sure sounds like she's blocked (unable to urinate in box, urinating on bed). I don't know whether this constitutes an emergency in a female cat. I will see what I can find in my "Cat Owner's Home Vet Handbook". meanwhile, is there an emergency clinic you can call & ask?

        --
        JR
        & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000
          Please remember that I'm a real amateur ... but, here is what I found in the
          vet handbook. "The chief signs of FUS (feline urologic syndrome) are
          prolonged suqatting & straining. Symptomatic cats ... urinate in unusual
          places ..." It also says that vomiting can occur.

          Please don't take this as a diagnosis, as I'm just doing some pattern
          matching. I also don't know whether this constitutes an emergency. Once
          again, I strongly suggest that you make some phone calls & see what you can
          find out.

          Please keep us informed.