Re:Breeders Perspective

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 27, 2010
      Hi

      That's very expensive.

      My cats are scanned at the University of Liverpool small animal hospital.
      There is a similar university up in scotland too and I suspect they're
      cheaper than a private cardiologist.

      With a FAB scan, you need a cat with an identity chip and have them booked
      in for a FAB scan. There's no appointment cost and it's just the scan and
      comes to £200 per cat maximum. It takes about 20 minutes and you get a
      certificate and your cats name goes on the HCM negative screened list at the FAB
      site. You need a vet referal to the FAB scan.

      Hope that helps.

      :) Lyn