Winston has Metabolic Alkalosis

  • smittyhj82
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
      Winston was diagnosed with Metabolic Alkalosis yesterday and was admitted to the Animal Clinic for 24 hour IV fluids and potassium cholride.

      Anyone have any experience with this? Ever heard of it? I am having a hard time finding any information on the web. They can restore his potassium and cholride levels but the future is what is uncertain.

      Let me know if anyone has any info.

      Melissa, My little boy Winston, and big brother Oliver
    • Judi Levens
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
        Don't know Melissa...but I'll be hoping that now that there's a diagnosis that Winston has a good recovery...Judi and Max

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
            It is from the lasix and thiazide drugs.

            Can anyone explain to me the difference btw HCTZ and Spironolactone????