Re: [FH] My Beautiful Boy is gone

  • cathy coleman
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
      I was so sorry to hear of your loss of Happy. I totally agree with Sue. We do the very best we can with what we know. I have never heard of a stomach twisting. I am quite sure based on everything you wrote though that it wasn't your fault. I'm sure Happy knew he was loved. He was so lucky to have you.
        I was also touched by your story of the cat you buried. My mother did that once when we were kids with a cat who was killed on our street. Those lessons of love and compassion have stayed with me. People who love and care for animals are some of the most compassionate people in the world.

       Please take care of yourself and try not to be too hard on yourself.
       Cathy & Winston

      At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
        Bless you Diana.

        What a lucky boy Happy was.  And how lucky you were that he found his way to you.  I'm so sorry for the difficult time you've both had of late.    It's simply heartbreaking...........

        Peace to you and Happy.

        Fondly

        Mary Perfitt-Nelson
        EnchantedLair/GoNaked Sphynx
        www.enchantedlairsphynx.com

        "The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
        Chuck Palahniuk

      • Judi Levens
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
          Hi Diana; I am crying reading your story about Happy...he sounded like such a special boy; and how lucky he was to find you and your husband at 15! It just goes to show that older cats can be wonderful to adopt too...there is plenty of love to go around. You were so good to him, and he took up so much of your attention...of course you are missing him terribly...we all wait for that awful day when we will face what you are facing now...Please don't feel guilty about anything...you should be so glad to have brought such joy into Happy's last two years...he must have loved and appreciated you very much. I'm sure there was nothing else to be done...we all have a time and he went bravely and happily with you holding him. Can you post a photo of him so we can see your boy? Thank you...and just hug your husband and keep your memories precious...you all had a special gift of two years together...Judi and Max

          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com