Winston- not doing well.

  • smittyhj82
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2010
      Winston was 16 nmonths onl last month, and diagnosed at 6 months with HCM. Pretty severe. His current meds are lasix, HCTZ, enalapril, diltiazem, asprin, and nitrobid cream.

      He had a previous bout of CHF last year, which eventually resolved. He went back into CHF in June 2010. Every 3-4 days I have been giving him sub q lasix instead of oral, as it seems to keep the fluid at bay for alittle while.

      For the past few days, Winston has been very lethargic, laying in strange spots around the house and just acting very tired.

      Everytime we go back to vet, he goes back into CHF, so he is kind of on a "no travel" order. Have any of you experience this type of "depressive" period? He is still eating, drinking, and using his potty.

      Please help.

      Melissa
    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
        Hi

        Trixi has a potassium supplement daily and its a liquid called kaminox
        which we just squirt half a ml into her mouth. She loves it luckily and we have
        her bloods tested regularly and her potassium is always within normal
        range.