Re:Rudy / failing and being perscribed pimobendan

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2010
      Hi Denise

      Trixi takes Vetmedin (pimobendan) and has had excellent results. She had a
      heart attack a year ago and this really was a last resort drug and her
      chances of survival were virtually nil. Trixi has HCM and at her last scan, the
      heart muscle was recovered and the HCM had regressed. I say this
      cautiously as there is a possibility that the heart attack actually destroyed some
      of the thickened walls.

      BUT.. Trixi is here with us and I put that partly down to the pimobendan. I
      would recommend it for any of my pets.