Re: [FH] Rudy / failing and being perscribed pimobendan

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
      we will all pray for Rudy and your horses too -- and you also. Keep your strength up, the dear little souls in your care need you.
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
        Hi Denise; I have no experience with it, but I have seen several members of the blog who related excellent experiences using pimobendan...I hope it works well for Rudy! I'm so sorry for all you are going through, you've had your boy for so long you must be very close...hopefully this will make him feel better...good luck...Judi and Max

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
          Dear Denise,

          I don't have any experience with this drug. Hopefully it will help Rudy. What a special relationship you must have, so much shared life in 19 years! I am thinking of you both.
          Like you, I have found to my sorrow that it seems crisis comes in twos and threes. I have had the hardship of losing both my beloved horse and dog within 10 days of each other. I feel for you.
          Tonight I will light a candle for your beleaguered family.
          Hugs to you and Rudy.

          Marianna

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2010
            Hi Denise

            Trixi takes Vetmedin (pimobendan) and has had excellent results. She had a
            heart attack a year ago and this really was a last resort drug and her
            chances of survival were virtually nil. Trixi has HCM and at her last scan, the
            heart muscle was recovered and the HCM had regressed. I say this
            cautiously as there is a possibility that the heart attack actually destroyed some
            of the thickened walls.

            BUT.. Trixi is here with us and I put that partly down to the pimobendan. I
            would recommend it for any of my pets.