cardimophaty

  • hebo38930
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2010
      I have a kitty with cardiomophaty. Would like to learn as much as possible about it. She is around six years old and did not show signs until a few years ago. She is very small four pounds. She has an inverted sternum. Noisy breathing and has been put on theophyiline for that because her lungs are always noisy. Last week end she was vomiting and taken to the vet twice on the week end. Blood work showed nothing and no temp. She would not eat after I brought her home. Forced fed her and gave iv fluids. Yesterday she was given 1/8 pill of Mirtazpine and and hour later she started eating and drinking. I am worried about the theophyiline. Think she is getting to much for her size, They give 1/8 pill 2xday. I only have given it once a day. I was told this can build up to an unhealthy level(by my nurse p. friend). Don't know if this is right or not. Need to know which drugs with this condition can be taken and not taken. She is my favorite cat and do not want to do anything to harm her. She is on no meds for cm. I live in a very small town and have to drive an hour just to see another vet,which I have done many times with my cats. A second opinion never hurts.