more on Stripes

  • jerithsykes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 6:16 AM
      I went to visit Stripes at our vet's on Monday. He is a very weak kitty and in talking to the vet, he would be a canidate for surgery if he was stronger. The vet is concerned that the anesthetic would kill him. So, our vet is going to try a drug that is similar to valium to see if this will relax the spasims. The vet also mentioned that he had posted Stripes case on a vetrinary site to receive advice from other vets. They mentioned a new drug (I'm horrible at rembering them) but as Stripes is so weak, he didn't want to try it yet. The trick is getting the ballace right to help Stripes heart and his urinary tract. Our vet is open to trying anything to get Stripes home and so we are looking for an acupuncturist who would be willing to treat Stripes at our vets. If I can find one soon, I think that this will help Stripes in getting home. That's all for now. I'll update some more later.