Re: [FH] kidney stuff

  • Patricia Crawford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2010
      Yes, dealing with Bastet and her CRF and heart disease has been quite the balancing act. her internist introduced Azodyl for her kidneys, and we think it has helped (she recently moved from Stage 2 to Stage 3). The lasix can't be played around with in her case as her heart disease is so severe, in fact the Lasix had to be increased about eight months ago. She was also taken off sub-q fluids altogether to keep her our of heart failure.
      I do syringe feed at night (watered down catfood) to help with hydration and and keep her weight up. The internist says this should have no affect on the dehydration as the lasix will just cause her to excrete it, but some people on the CRF swear by introducing oral hydration when sub-q fluids can't be used. My regular vet thinks I should continue the syringe feeding.
      Pat & Bastet